Monday 21 January 2013

Soulmates?

Soulmates - are they real? or are they merely figments of our imagination caused by that longing for something and someone special to complete us and in essence make love make sense?

And in all fairness, does it really matter when you meet the one you feel your life is incomplete without? It may happen many times because of striving for happiness in your mind instead of living in the moment with your heart on display. That fleeting moment of feeling happy before wanting more, losing sight of why we were together.

I don't know about you but any relationship I have ever entered into has always been with the thought that it would never end. I always believed that special person was exactly my opposite and therefore we were whole. However, sometimes things don't work out that way and people end up being a less great match than when they first met - people and relationships change. You may add 'sadly so', but is it in fact sad that people split to create a greater match?

Love was at Glastonbury Tor
Soulmates, then? What exactly defines a soulmate?

There are all sorts of spiritual definitions and in various books they exist and in some they don't but isn't a soulmate 'just' someone who connects with you on such a deep level that everything in relationships suddenly makes sense?

Or are we trying to define ourselves out of being happy in the relationship we have because 'it doesn't quite feel as if it's all there'...??? Then what? Does it even matter - when there is a level of satisfaction and happiness that keeps the bonds strong and firmly tied together?

Was the concept of 'soulmates' created by Coca Cola to lead us into another addiction - for perfection?

Not to worry - these are all just rhetorical questions, for me at least. I believe in love! I believe in soulmates! I believe in the beauty of all relationships based on true connection.

One area in life where you cannot fake it, fake it, until you make it.

I am a hopeless romantic and I firmly believe there is someone for each of us and that we, as human beings in this day and age, are not meant to spend our life alone.

However, so much truth in Robin Williams' words:
I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up alone, it's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel alone.
So when you are with the one that gives meaning to all that didn't stack up before it is great to be together. Perhaps you have felt it more than once and maybe there is more than one soulmate in each of our lives, soulmates, soulsisters, soulbrothers - they all make sense those close ones.

Just my opinion, though, and I am lucky to have experienced so many different facets of love to know that the one I have in my life is real, and he is lucky, too.

I salute you lovers and soulmates who made it the first time! And I salute the rest of us for being persistent enough to never stop believing!

With love always!

No comments: