Monday 22 October 2012

To a Mouse...

Whenever drama shows its self-expressed face in life it is most likely to be caused by expectations - in particular those that weren't met as planned.

But little Mouse, you are not alone,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go often awry,
And leave us nothing but grief and pain,
For promised joy!
by Robert Burns

First of all, I would like to extend an apology to everyone who has ever had to put up with my dramas and bad moods when things did not turn out as I expected - most likely thing has been to put the blame elsewhere for the lack of coordination, timing, whatever the circumstance would be.

And you know me, I don't like 'circumstances' - I learned years ago that blaming 'circumstances' is an excellent way of removing responsibility for mishaps and unfulfilled expectations from yourself and place them on something or someone else.

An everyday example is being late, 'oh, the traffic was horrible', 'I broke a heal walking down the street', 'the bus was late', 'the train was cancelled', 'I got held up at work' - you name it!

There are millions of excuses for not planning being on time...and that was just one example.

Ironic...

I was held up two hours in traffic a little while ago when I thought 1½ hours was enough excess time to get me to the venue on time - a 3 hour journey with a good 4½ hours to go - wouldn't you have thought it was enough?

Well, I could have taken the exit when I saw the sign 'Accident between J16 and J18' and avoided being stuck in standstill traffic - so what is my excuse?

Hmm, put it that way - there really isn't any. Even if I can think up a million reasons and excuses and 'buts' and 'whys'!

Don't cry over spilled milk as the saying goes - so the only right thing to do is to clear it and tidy up the loose ends. Apologise for delay and stop making excuses to say 'it wasn't my fault' when really it could have been avoided. 'Sorry' is often enough 'sorry, but...' is often too much.

I know that this may sound harsh, but it really is not very harsh - it is just a different way of looking at life which allows you to clear yourself of your stories and see the beauty in everything, because if you think about it, whenever there is an excuse there is also a possibility of 'being found out' and that in itself can create a drama, too.

This blogpost is just as much a reminder for myself as it is for anyone who want to be reminded that excuses are just not worth the hassle.

Not only being late but also organsing things in order to complete dreams can change because we are surrounded by individuals who are pulsating with life and all that life entails. Therefore, there are no guarantees that plans work out as planned. However, the energy put into growling or smiling at unwanted or unexpected changes is what creates the next set of events - the energy that creates life!

I just look forward to the next opportunity to live out delayed dreams with the people I love!

My life is busy and full of things and events that I constantly juggle and reorganise - just because I want the good things that I love in life to be present instead of rushing around and never having the experience of love, laughter, joy. The truth is that all those moments are there and I can beautifully treasure them when I snap out of my excuses and my 'feeling-sorry-for-myself'.

I know where I've been, where I am, where I am going, and with whom. And it may change - life is not as static as that but it is nice to have aims and goals, and know who is important!

As for the unfulfilled expectations? Well, they are done and dusted for now - bring on the next bundle and we can have a great laugh!

No comments: